The activities report for 1964 is important as it is the second such document issued by the museum after its refounding in November 1962 [a related document is “Primer informe anual de actividades, Museo de Arte Moderno de Bogotá (1963),” 1093526] and as the first issued after the opening of its permanent seat in October 1963 [a related document is “Tumbas: Juan Antonio Roda,”1092548].
This document outlines the financial and institutional support the museum received from public and private organizations, which proved decisive to the functioning of the institution. Indeed, owing to monetary contributions from the International Petroleum Company (Intercol), among others, it was possible to open a permanent space and carry out the scheduled exhibition program. In this second report, the museum recognizes not only the contribution of Intercol, but also support received from other companies, among them the Banco de la República de Colombia, the Servicio Nacional de Aprendizaje, the Organization of American States, Shell, Gaseosas Lux, the Compañía Central de Seguros, and the Flota Mercante Gran Colombiana.
Significantly, a board of directors and an advisory board had been formed, both of which were led by art critic Marta Traba (1923–1983). Members of those boards included important figures in the Colombian art scene, such as Austrian critic Walter Engel, journalist Gloria Valencia, architect Germán Samper, and Anglo-Venezuelan art historian and critic Cecilia Fajardo-Hill. According to this report for 1964, a number of educational and outreach activities, in addition to the exhibitions themselves, served to further the museum’s overarching mission. The museum, which was putting together a small collection of its own, now had a permanent seat; it was also developing a network of relationships with other modern art museums throughout the continent.